Smartphone Addiction: Many moves towards advancing technology, resulting in a very tech-savvy world. The number of gadgets has flooded the market as well as the lives of people. Its never easy to buy a smartphone, tablet, laptop without going through hundreds of reviews. Yet, once you get it, there’s no halt to the exploration. Even though there are various ways in which gadgets have made our lives enjoyable. But excessive use of the devices results in addiction, which hurts us.
The Signs That You Get Addicted:
- What is the measuring unit of gadget addiction? How will you measure the level of addiction to your smartphone? There are a few symptoms that will prevail when you get addicted to gadgets.
- One of them is a lack of attention; you won’t be able to focus on something or too long. This symptom might lead to problems in decision making or memory. Moreover, it will affect your eyes due to the constant exposure to the screen.
- You might also experience a headache or even a severe backache. Anxiety, stress, and communication barriers are other problems that come with the addiction.
The Startling Statistics of Gadget Addiction
- Gadget addiction is prevalent in all age groups, be it a toddler or somebody in their 60’s. Most of us use it as a source of entertainment. Yet, after a point of time, we get hooked to the smartphone past the limit.
- Here are some statistics on how prevalent and real the problem of gadget addiction is. There has been an increase of 123 percent in the number of gadget addicts is the year.
- Before it was 79 million, but this year it 176 million gadgets addicts. If the number of addicts keeps increasing at this rate, then every household will have gadget addicts very soon.
Smartphone Addiction: How To Keep Children Away From The Addiction?
- Children have the chance to get addicted faster to the phone. There are chances that if you don’t give the child your phone, he will start showing tantrums.
- Yet, the necessary measures can avoid this situation. Don’t make the smartphone available to your child at a very young age. Giving it to them every time they throw a tantrum will encourage them to use it as a means to their needs.
- Moreover, there should be a time out session; place your gadgets aside for some time. It is not only beneficial for the child but also for yourself.
Take Time Off The Internet Not only do the children need time away from the smartphone but adults too. The constant use of the smartphone makes you conditioned to it. It gets stressful day by day to stay away from it. A 5min break to check Whatsapp or Instagram statuses turn out to be an hour. Yet, it’s up to you to change that. Instead of looking at your phone when you get bored, do something that interests you. Spending time with family is the best way to relax and spread less time with the phone as well as maintain the bond with your family members.