When it comes to smart gadgets at home, there are only two brands that are competing in the market right now: Amazon and Google. It is no surprise there since both tech companies managed to sell thousands in their first launch, but which one is better?
Amazon Echo Dot
Amazon Echo Dot is part of the line of smart gadgets released by Amazon and is the smallest version of all. That’s the first thing you should know if what you’re looking for is a light, comfortable product with a design that allows you to take it everywhere.
Despite the small, the sound and connectivity features are still interesting in the Amazon Echo Dot that comes with Alexa, Amazon’s assistant built-in. I have listed out some features about one of the smart gadgets – Amazon Echo Dot.
Amazon Finishing – Design
Amazon Echo Dot has a shape reminiscent of a generous size doughnut. Being among the smart gadgets the appearance also matters. Although clear, without the hole in the center. It is round and has a diameter of 9.9 cm by 4.3 cm in height. Something like a miniature version of the Amazon Echo Plus.
With rounded edges, it is covered on all sides with a thin fabric that is available in light grey, dark grey, and anthracite. In the upper part, there is a smooth surface with four buttons that allow you to control basic functions such as volume, music playback.
Amazon Sound Quality
Amazon Echo Dot has a single driver of 4.1 cm so it is clear that its strong point is not the power of its sound. This speaker is full range so it is responsible for playing all frequencies. Despite this, it perfectly fulfills its functions aimed at optimizing the use of Alexa, the personal assistant offered by Amazon.
Despite the discreet sound features, you will always have the option to pair your Amazon Echo Dot with other higher powered smart speakers, using your internet connection or directly using the 3.5mm jack output cable.
Google Home is among other smart gadgets with best features like Amazon Echo Dot and Apple Siri.
Google Home Design
Aesthetically, the loudspeaker of Google is a much more attractive option at home if we compare it with its direct competitors since in most cases they did not worry about the image and are mere perforated cylinders that at first glance do not tell us anything.
Its wide background covered with a slate-grey cloth with a white conical top gives it an image of a small vase. The fabric that covers its lower part can be changed by other colors such as violet, navy, and mango. There is also the option of adding a metal base in colors such as copper or carbon
Technical Characteristics Of Google Home
Google Home has become quite popular for its outstanding features. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Operating Systems: Compatible with Android versions 5.0 and later versions iOS 9.1.
- Dimensions: Compact size that makes it practical to be placed in any space of the home. It measures 14.28 cm in height by 9.64 cm in diameter.
- Colour: The upper part is white and its base is a slate grey fabric, although for less than € 20 you can change its color.
- Speakers: Two high-excursion audio outputs together with 2-inch passive radiators that allow you to obtain an excellent low and high balance.
- Compatible audio formats; HE-AAC, LC-AAC, MP3, Vorbis, WAV (LPCM), Opus and FLAC compatible with streaming playback in high resolution (24 bits / 96 kHz)
- Integrated microphones: Two microphones located in its upper half of high range of sound, which allows listening to orders from other rooms of the house. At the back, it has a physical button with which you can mute the function of the microphones to get more control in terms of your privacy.
- Operation: Mentioning the words ” Ok Google ” or ” Hey Google ” activates the task function of the device.
- Connectors and ports: DC connector
- Wireless connection: Wi-Fi 802.11b / g / n / ac (2.4 GHz / 5GHz) and Bluetooth
- Wi-Fi signal indicator: In its upper part there is a light that indicates if it is receiving the Wi-Fi signal, which is quite useful